Monday, September 23, 2013

Sometimes this SUCKS

It's hard for me- to write about the bad things about being a foster parent.

I WANT to be able to say- "This is awesome!! Everyone should do it!"

But in the midst of my worst days- I didn't want to read about how awesome things are for others. Or how EASY everyone has it. The LAST thing I wanted was to feel like there was something I was MISSING.

What I wanted and needed to know was that I WAS NOT ALONE. Because in that moment, when my family and all those around me were throwing opinions at me like the wind- I needed to know that I was not insane. That I had not cursed my family by making this choice- and that somehow it would eventually get better.

So my goal for this blog is to tell you how much I LOVE being a foster parent. I love it. I have found my identity in this. I have found my calling and my purpose in life.

But man it SUCKS sometimes. And it's hard. And you shouldn't do it if you aren't willing to accept these facts. Because there will be moments when people try to tell you that this is a mistake. And you may start to believe them.

There are moments when you are so emotionally, and physically tired that you can't even imagine things getting better. And they may not get better for a long time. Or it may force you into a truly difficult choice. This was my path. And it sucked for a while. It still sucks sometimes. But I still love it because I love my kids. And I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment